Rhiannon Faith is looking for 6 dance theatre
performers for new work, DROWNTOWN.
“There are communities that feel broken. There are people that are broken. So how do you build or re-build community so that it works?”
DROWNTOWN is a dance theatre show about loneliness, addiction and change. Tender, humorous and confrontational; DROWNTOWN is here to save the world from drowning.
Commissioned by Harlow Playhouse. Commissioning support from DanceEast. Supported by Brighton Dome and Festival Ltd, charity GamCare (prevention and treatment of problem gambling), and using public funding by Arts Council England.
- Strong contemporary dance technique and style
- A creative who works well in response to tasks and has strong devising and improvisation skills
- Experience working with live text
- Happy working autobiographically
- Experience and/or knowledge of addiction and recovery.
- An interest in activism and altruism
Applications are actively encouraged from artists of all ages who reflect a diverse modern world.
Research and Development:
3 – 7 December 2018
14 – 18 January 2019
21 – 25 January 2019
Development Period: July 2019 (3 weeks, exact dates TBC)*
Production Period: Autumn 2019 (3 weeks, exact dates TBC)*
Premiere and Tour: 2020 onwards*
*Subject to funding
A willingness to commit to the full life of the project is necessary.
Audition: Thursday 1 November 2018, 10am registration.
The audition will involve a movement based warm up, learning a short piece of company repertoire and a creative task involving text and movement.
Callbacks: Friday 2 November 2018, 10am – 5pm (a contribution towards travel expenses will be made)
The callbacks will be a creative workshop followed by interviews with selected candidates.
*Please note the audition is by invitation only.
Please send the following with the subject “DROWNTOWN audition, [YOUR NAME]” to Maddy Morgan, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter outlining your interest in the project and the themes within the work (in body of email)
- CV & Recent headshot (as attachment)
- Video footage (if available, as web link)
Deadline for applications: Thursday 25 October 2018, 5pm. Successful candidates will be notified via email on Friday 26 October2018.
Rhiannon Faith is an Equal Opportunities employer.